collecting Lladró porcelain shortly after we were married.
that makes these was founded in 1953 by three brothers near Valencia
in northern Spain. The original workshop that housed
the small company was enlarged over the years to accommodate growing
demand for the figurines. In 1969, foundations were finally laid
for a massive complex that would be called the City of Porcelain.
4,000 works have been created since the Lladró brothers first opened
shop, and 1200 are currently available. On January 1st of
each year, figurines in the collection are retired, never to be
created again. Most shown below have already been retired.
is a collection of annual Christmas ornaments and Spring bells. None
of the pieces on this page are for sale.